MSU Moorhead prepares educators for P-K-12 and beyond.
Founded as a normal school in 1888, it was Moorhead’s job to train teachers. Over the years, the university expanded its offerings but always remained focused on its core mission of teaching teachers. Today, Minnesota State University Moorhead delivers a relevant, innovative, and practical education for teachers and administrators to meet the region’s workforce needs, from the earliest years to doctoral preparation.
• Early Education Center provides a safe and nurturing environment for young children to learn and explore the world around them while providing essential training for students majoring in early education.
• Early Childhood Education (BS & Non-licensure) prepares students to teach in inclusive classrooms for children from birth through grade 3 with 200+ hours of field experiences
• Elementary Inclusive Education embeds inclusivity in its curriculum, focusing on diverse learners, including 200+ hours of inclassroom practica for job-ready graduates.
• Secondary & K-12 Licensures offers licensures in key areas of science, math, social studies, health, communication arts and literature, music, art, and TESL.
• Master’s Degrees (Ed Lead, C&I, SPED) strengthen teachers’ skills and knowledge for enhanced teaching or leadership.
• Doctor of Education develops students’ knowledge and skills to serve as leaders of change and innovation and advance professional careers in education.
At our core, MSUM teaches across the educational continuum, caring for the youngest of children to advancing professionals’ mastery of educational principles and practices. This responsibility is the foundation upon which MSUM was built. It continues to anchor our work, and we believe it transforms the world.
Minnesota State University Moorhead
1104 7th Ave S
Moorhead, MN 56563